Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export values from Tcl to Excel in Vivado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am using Xilinx Vivado 2016.1 for my design targeting an Artix-7 FPGA. I have written a Tcl scripts in order to create and place some cells and then routing them. Then I managed to do some net delay calculation using get_net_delays command for all corners. Now, I would like to write a part in my Tcl script in order to export those computed delay values directly to an Excel (or any other supported software by Vivado). I did a search and I did not find something about it ! Does anyone can help me to solve this issue, please?

Kind replies and helps are in advance appreciated !

Thanks and Regards,

Can you save this to a CSV? CSV is a simple format readable by excel. you would need to write the logic to write comma separated values to a file.

This will write out a csv file with one line with four fields
Code:
set var1 1
set var2  "a"
set var3  100
set var4  2
set outfile [open "myfile.csv" w]
puts $outfile "$var1,$var2,$var3,$var4\n"
close $outfile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search