Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data trans violation is 50 ps then can we go ahed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlaakreddy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
there is no setup and hold violations but data trans violation is 50 ps then can we go ahed ?if go further tell me the reason? if not tell me the reason?

I assume you mean a max tran violation on a signal, not on clock. if so, most likely you can go ahead, but you have to know the source of the issue and the consequences of it.

first thing is: the max tran violation is violating your own max tran rule or is it violating the max_tran of the library? if the former, you can relax the rule. if the latter, it means any delay calculated through the violating gate is not accurate. this could mean that a setup path is violated, or it could mean a path on a super slow clock domain was not buffered, and it is harmless. designer analysis is required to figure out which case is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back