Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power trace using VCD file in Synopsys Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarrin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I need to extract the power consumption trace of my circuit in Design Compiler using a VCD file. I know that I can extract an estimation of power consumption using the Saif file. However, this provides me with a single scalar value. What I need is a power trace over time and not just an average value. How can I extract such thing from Synopsys DC (if possible)?

Thank you

Not from DC. It only does static power as far I am aware (I am not a DC user for years now).

Do you have access to primetime?

Thanks for your reply. I don't exactly know if I have access to PrimeTime or not in my server system which I use. What is the command to run PrimeTime?

I also need a power trace over time. Did you solve the problem?

I also need a power trace over time. Did you solve the problem?

well, there was no problem to be solved. you need to use the right tool for the job. that's all. ask around in your institution/company what tools are available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back