Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Provision to edit one's own post removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjdd

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
On returning to edaboard after a long absence, I could no longer find a provision to edit one's own post after it's been posted. I found this feature very useful in the past. I usually compose my posts carefully but still sometimes found it desirable to correct typos and inadvertent erroneous information, add relevant info, streamline the post to minimize clutter, etc. May I know when it was removed and why?

Don't know when it was removed, but I know why...abuse.

People editing their posts after getting an answer deleting all the contents of their posts, making the thread useless. Perhaps you have good intentions for editing your post, but many others do not.

As far as I can tell it is still there and hasn't moved. I have a pen icon and "Edit Post" at the bottom of the message display. I have moderator status so perhaps I see something you don't. I used it to correct a typo in a different message just a moment ago.

Brian.

Moderators are not restricted by the time limits for editing posts. All other users can not edit a post after something like 10 minutes.

Thanks for the explanation.
I checked the mobile version and it was there in that too so I imagine the time limit applies to both.

Brian.

I once heard something about spammers who returned to edit an old post, so they could insert a link to a business without it being obvious to moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.