Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 module HTTP protocol implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaybhavsar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using SIM900 module in my application i have to read hex file from server with HTTP protocol and store it in on board flash.I have to select controller frequency and peripheral frequency for that I want to know what is speed of HTTP protocol for SIM900.

I am using SIM900 module in my application i have to read hex file from server with HTTP protocol and store it in on board flash.I have to select controller frequency and peripheral frequency for that I want to know what is speed of HTTP protocol for SIM900.

My requirement is also same.
If you get any information, please update here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

what is speed of HTTP protocol
I assume there is no answer to it. HTTP is a protocol, it has no dedicated speed.
Maybe there are some timeouts specified to detect a broken line...

Generally it is not unusual to run HTTP over an analog modem with 9600 baud ... and it is not unusual to transmit it with GB/s speed.

I don´t think one needs to adjust controller frequency or perifieral frequency with respect to HTTP.

Klaus

controller frequency matters.bcz if we set low frequency SPI communication will be slow an HTTP datawill have higher speed bxz it is independant of controller frequency.data is coming faster and same data is writtern into memory with lower speed.There might be loss of data

Hi,

SPI speed is another problem, but it is NOT related to HTTP.
SPI speed doesn´t care what protocol you run.

Klaus

i used 20M system frequency i saw data loss bcz of low spi frequency and high HTTP data frequency.After that i doubled System frequency,I succeed.

controller frequency matters.bcz if we set low frequency SPI communication will be slow an HTTP datawill have higher speed bxz it is independant of controller frequency.data is coming faster and same data is writtern into memory with lower speed.There might be loss of data

Can you please help me out..
I dont want to receive from server. I want to send to server by sim800.
Can you help me out ?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please help me out..
I dont want to receive from server. I want to send to server by sim800.
Can you help me out ?

Do you want to send TCP packets to server

Do you want to send TCP packets to server

No i want to send almost like 10 parameters of sensors to server after single minute by sim800 + pic16f477 controller.
Tell me whats the solution.

Thanks in advance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back