Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tempus STA - internal library pins in SDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

slakshmi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I see in some SDC/TCL files that clocks are created on pins that are specified as follows in the .lib file of a macro

direction : internal

Is there any timing global variable that has to be enabled for the Tempus tool to accept it

Please help

Re: tempus STA - internal library pins in SDC

I think you are confusing concepts. A pin is a pin, direction is the direction that it has. One should not change the direction to make a TCL/SDC command pass.

Hi ThisIsNotSam,

That works in one of the project environment

But when I work in another project, invoke Tempus, read in an SDC that has a clock created on a internal macro pin (for which a .lib is read), it doesnt work
So there should be some setting that is enabling that

Please let me know if anyone is aware of it

Is that the same library ?
I wonder there is a timing arc from the internal pin to any output pin of the macro.
If it is not, then no path for clock signal propagation.

Is that the same library ?
I wonder there is a timing arc from the internal pin to any output pin of the macro.
If it is not, then no path for clock signal propagation.

OK, let me provide more details. SDC used while creating the macro ETM, has a clock created on an internal pin and the output port of that macro is constrained with that clock and obviously will have a timing arc, from that pin(where the clock is created) to the output port

OK, let me provide more details. SDC used while creating the macro ETM, has a clock created on an internal pin and the output port of that macro is constrained with that clock and obviously will have a timing arc, from that pin(where the clock is created) to the output port
I have not worked with Tempus in this case.
But is it possible to define the clock at macro output ports where the internal fanouts to ?
I know this is just temporary workaround, not the answer for your question.

I have not worked with Tempus in this case.
But is it possible to define the clock at macro output ports where the internal fanouts to ?
I know this is just temporary workaround, not the answer for your question.

This should work.

Is this a PLL?

There is a setting in Tempus timing_use_clock_pin_attribute_for_clock_net_marking
Setting this to true should help you.
It basically tells the tool that it should use library pins marked as clocks to be a part of clock net.

There is a setting in Tempus timing_use_clock_pin_attribute_for_clock_net_marking
Setting this to true should help you.
It basically tells the tool that it should use library pins marked as clocks to be a part of clock net.

Unrelated, I think. I can't find this option in Tempus at all, but it seems this would enable the creation of clock tree sinks on pins marked as clock. The OP was asking for something unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back