Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Pro: Make schematic symbol with "package" indentifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
In our schematic, we want every component to have the designator (eg "R1") etc, we also want the value....but also we want to have the package size...eg 1206 or SOT23 etc.....so how do we make a schematic symbol in Eagle which has a "package" identifier as well as designator and value......for designator you put ">NAME" and for value you put ">VALUE"..... but if i add ">PACKAGE" it doesnt work. How do i do it?

Thanks, that link ...i am not sure if it was allowing us to use an "package" attribute to a schematic symbol though....ill read it again later though thankyou

Hi,

you could use a TEXT ">PKG" when you design the package...
Then when you are in DEVICE you may add an ATTRIBUTE "PKG" and fill in the name of the package.
But this is a lot of work.

Another solution could be to write an ULP.
* you could use a TEXT ">PKG" when you design the package...
* then run an ULP at the SCHEMATIC or BOARD window that reads out the PACKAGE information of each device and adds the device_ATTRIBUTE "PKG" automatically.

Not possible now, afaik: But the straight forward solution is that CADSOFT/AUTODESK generates an automatic update of the TEXT ">PACKAGE" similar to ">VALUE"

Klaus

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back