Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator with output to logical ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berger.h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need low price comparator (4x) for compare voltage in voltage levet between -15V +15V but with output to logical GND.
In the past, I used something like LP365 , but now I can not find a similar one, At least on offer TME

I can put the transistor on the output, but it takes up space on the PCB.
How do you handle it?
For clarification I need to compare two voltages in + -15V lovtage level and get the result to the MCU in 3.3 logic voltage level.

The cheap and ubiquitous LM311.

It comes only in single packages though, I don't believe there are quad versions.

Thanks , but The problem is just to find quad version

Hi,

Not cheap: LTC1443.

Klaus

Does it need to be fast? I often use an LM358 or LM324 as comparators when speed is not important. The output goes down to essentially zero.

Oops. Please ignore my suggestion which was made without thinking clearly. crutschow's post was a wake-up call.

How about placing a MOSFET like the 2N7002 at each output of a common comparator, with the MOSFET source at gnd?

Last edited:

Maybe you can just divide the output to swing between 0 and 15 V.

Attachments

• comp.png
    comp.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 83

Status
Not open for further replies.