Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] libero tcl script not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I don't think much of the fact that microsemi doesn't have a tcl console. However you can execute tcl scripts to apply certain functionality.

The problem I'm having at the moment is the following

Code:
download_core -vlnv Actel.DirectCore.COREAXI.3.2.101 -location "www.actel-ip.com/repositories/DirectCore"

The error message I'm getting
Error: The supplied name is not a valid VNLV core id:
'Actel.DirectCore.COREAXI.3.2.101'. [OK]
Error: The command 'download_core' failed.
Error: Failure when executing Tcl script. [ Line 12 ]
Error: The Execute Script command failed.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I need to ensure a user has all the correct ip when they create a new project, so the importing of the cxf will work fine. However I'm having trouble scripting the download of ip cores. I know I can download them using the catalog, but that's besides the point.

Regards,
Wes

I know Xilinx uses ':' between vlnv fields, e.g. xilinx.com:ip:fifo_generator:12.0

If that doesn't work you might want to try the individual switches.
-vendor xilinx.com -library ip -name fifo_generator -version 12.0

Reactions: wtr

wtr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Regarding Libero I had to do it through the gui. Bit of a pain.

I've used the Xilinx method like you've mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately Libero has the ability to export the actions that you have done on the gui to a tcl script.

The following is what I just received

download_core -vlnv {Actel:Simulation:CLK_GEN:1.0.1} -vlnv {Actel:Simulation:pULSE_GEN:1.0.1} -vlnv {Actel:Simulation:RESET_GEN:1.0.1} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:HARD_MULT:1.0.100} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:HARD_MULT_ACC:1.0.100} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:HARD_MULT_ADDSUB:1.0.100} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:IO:1.0.101} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:DPSRAM:1.0.101} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:URAM:1.0.101} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:TPSRAM:1.0.101} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:OSC:1.0.105} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:FDDRC:1.1.301} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:SERDES_IF:1.2.206} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:TAMPER2:2.1.300} -vlnv {Actel:SmartFusion2MSS:MSS:1.1.400} -vlnv {Actel:Simulation:SimDRAM:1.0.102} -vlnv {Actel:SgCore:FCCC:2.0.201} -location {www.actel-ip.com/repositories/SgCore}

Turns out that the ":" and "{" is the key (so much for their help guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back