Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bloch wall movement in permanent magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajunbee

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have researched but cannot find information I am looking for. From what I understand the Bloch wall will always be in center of magnet no matter the size. If you attach two magnets together the Bloch will move to where the two magnets meet if they are the same length. My question is how do the two Bloch walls merge into one. Do the two walls gradually move to center as the magnets approach and merge as one. Also does the Bloch wall change position if you attach a piece of iron of the same size and shape as the magnet. Will it also move to center where they join. My main interest is whether voltage can be induced just by movement of Bloch. If someone could suggest a link it would be appreciated .

I have a couple dozen neodymium magnets (disc and cigarrette shape). When I experiment with them, I notice that two bar-shapes make one long bar magnet when I join them end-to-end. The result is a north pole and a south pole, both of which are very strong. Each magnet's center region is non-magnetic as usual. However the join between them keeps its magnetism.

I've also tried joining several disc-shapes end-to-end. The result is a north pole and a south pole, both of which are very strong. However it is not possible to detect magnetism in any middle region.

My first thought was to place one magnet in a coil of light gauge copper wire and then connect the other magnet to it to see if there may be a voltage across it when the Bloch wall shifts. But i don't know if you could say for sure voltage is from the shift or just the second magnet moving towards the coil. If attaching a piece of metal also causes that shift and induces a voltage that might be better proof. If it does induce a voltage I'm curious whether it would follow faraday a law. To me it seems as though if the Bloch wall shifts out from the coil if would be the same as pulling the magnet out. So now as the other magnet approaches instead of induced current repelling it flows in a direction that attracts. That's if any current flows at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back