Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OrCAD PCB and CircuitWorks: square hole problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eanema

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am using OrCAD PCB 16.6 to export my layout to CircuitWorks. I have a symbol drawing .dra file representing an electrically connected mounting hole. The .dra file has two circles one on the Package Geometry/Place Bound Top and the other on Package Geometry/Place Bound Bottom; both with a PACKAGE_HEIGHT_MAX = 0.025 MM. This is perfect for our uses when doing the layout in the PCB editor, but when we export the IDF we get a warning:

WARNING: More than one place bound shape defines the outline of HE125_300PAD.
An overall place bounding box was exported instead.

Looking at the .bdf/.ldf file I can see that the bounding box is indeed a square that fits around the defined circles. Now the problem here is that the mechanical department is importing the .bdf/.ldf files and they are seeing a single box on one side, which is understandably frustrating. What I would like them to see is two short cylinders that represent the Package Geometry/Place Bound Top/Bottom.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem? I've spent a bit too much time trying to figure this out... and changing the library files is not desirable because there are literally hundreds of holes defined in this fashion... ideally I'd like to force the IDF export to put a part/symbol on both sides of the board, just as the .dra file is setup.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back