Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM projet beginning problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I want to switch relay(5v dc) by using sim900a module.but i am new in gsm project.I have made 8051 projects in embeded c by using keil.Here how to program sim900a module? Or only I have to send command by mobile message and take a signal in module-port & control switch & vice versa??Please reply.
THanks,
tapu

how to program sim900a module?

Your question can be quickly answered by reading datasheet; As being a modem, the sim900a module isnt't programmable, but interfaced with your code by using AT commands. Also, at datasheet we can't see any general purpose pin, therefore you should have another microcontroller based system at the remote side to get the commands that you will define to perform each specific task.

THank you for replying.
I want to interface 8051 with gsm module.I connect Rx,Tx of 8051 to Tx,Rx of gsm module & making same ground.But how to program/code 8051 to send message from module to my mobile?Please reply?

note:I have used keil5 to program 8051 in previous RTC project.

But how to program/code 8051 to send message from module to my mobile?Please reply?

Again, read datasheet.
One option could be by issuing an SMS message with a command syntax defined by yourself.

THank you for replying.
I want to interface 8051 with gsm module.I connect Rx,Tx of 8051 to Tx,Rx of gsm module & making same ground.But how to program/code 8051 to send message from module to my mobile?Please reply?

note:I have used keil5 to program 8051 in previous RTC project.

The interface is correct, Sending SMS using GSM module through microcontroller can be done through your program only in your case. Generally for sending SMS using GSM module need to use the command --> AT+CMGS ="Mobile number".

Attaching the snapshot of the command details.

Capture.JPG

Now you need to program your controller in such a way that it can send the above message command to the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.