Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communication of Win XP and DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussain1.bangalore

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have 2 PC's, 1 for DOS and 1 for XP, both are used for bench programming and they are communicated using serial port, now I would like to use single PC, which can handle DOS & XP and there communication

1) How can make internal communication between DOS & XP ?

Have you tried assigning different COM ports to the XP program and the DOS program, along with a serial cable to connect the two COM ports together?

First question - can i install DOS & XP on PC? I am not sure how this can be done, do you mind sharing me some link to proceed?

this is the experiment i am trying , I have found one PC, which has 2 COM ports.

You can run an ms-dos shell on an XP machine:

If the command prompt window does not run the DOS program then you'll probably have to resort to running dosbox https://www.dosbox.com/information.php?page=0, which is used to run old dos games (which almost never run under a command window).

Do you mean that you want to communicate between a dos program and a win32 program under xp in the same machine?

Run DOS in a virtual machine (e.g. VirtualBox) and utilize a virtual serial port.

Hi,

Maybe you could communicate vai a file, or via STDIO...

Maybe you could install two virtual comm ports communicating over ethernet (RFC2217).

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back