Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonant Frequency of a Cavity Resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhmech

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and getting used to ANSYS HFSS. I have a cavity resonator whose resonance frequency I want to determine. By solving using Eigenmode solution type, the eigenmode data would give me the resonance frequency and the Q. However, I believe the resonance frequency is quarter wave resonance frequency. But the cavity resonator I have designed works as per LC circuit. It is not a typical hollow cavity resonator. but it is with a small capacitance structure within the cavity resonator. BCM for PROSCAn.jpg

I am lost about to how to approach the problem as I don`t want the quarter wave resonance but the resonance frequency as 1/sqrt(LC).

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

It's neither simple quarter wave nor lumped LC but something in between. An EM solver like HFSS should be able to calculate it nevertheless.

I have difficulties to read your drawing, what's metal and what's air, hatching could clarify.

I agree with FvM, maybe if you show us your HFSS design it would be clearer what you are building.

Whatever the resonant frequency the eigenmode told you is the 1/sqrt(Leff * Ceff). I'm not sure how you determined the L and C from your circuit beforehand, but your simulations would suggest that there is something wrong with either your calculations or your simulation.

It's neither simple quarter wave nor lumped LC but something in between. An EM solver like HFSS should be able to calculate it nevertheless.

I have difficulties to read your drawing, what's metal and what's air, hatching could clarify.

Thanks for your response. The issue was as I imported the step file for simulation, it took the metal volume for vacuum and vice-versa. Hence, HFSS was actually simulating the wrong volume. Thanks once again for your response.

Cheers
Sud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back