Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equipment to test SBC (Single Board computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisepic

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I have project to build single board computer something like Rasberry. I must to purchache equipment, I could list here below
- Oscilloscope (advise me the specification), to verify DDR3
- Power Supply
- Soldering station: able to solder tiny device 0402,0201..
- Accessories.

Pls take me any advise.

Thanks,

Well for the oscilloscope...DDR3 tops out at 1066 MHz bus clock (i.e. 2133) so you will probably want a scope that has 2GHz bandwidth and you will need to use active probes. Expect to pay a lot for that piece of equipment (upwards of US $20,000). If you aren't using the fastest DDR3 you can probably get away with a 1GHz scope.

If you try ebay, I'd be wary of LeCroy even though they seem to be cheaper than competitors products. A company I worked for bought a LeCroy and that scope's front end would pretty much fry if you looked at it wrong, we had to send it in for repair at least 4-5 times. From what I recall there is a FET in the front end that has no protection. Make sure you use ESD procedures with that scope and be very careful connecting probes to that scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back