Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

comparator Vtrip and Vref in integrating ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a 8 bits dual slope integrating ADC. The modules (integrator and comparator)are implemented with single ended output architecture with supply 0V to 1V. Its analog input signal range is .25V to .75V ie Vcm is 0.5V and vamp is 0.25V. My confusion is choosing right Vref and Vtrip(Vtrip is reference voltage connected at +ve terminal of comparator to which we compare the voltage of integrating node). My understanding is Vref is .75V and Vtrip is 0.25V. Is this right?
iiCdd.png

Last edited:

You are talking about a different circuit than shown in the schematic. Why not showing the correct circuit with Vamp, Vref. Vtrip etc.

Hi FvM, I have now updated the schematic. Well it is still not mine. I can run eda tool only at the university and I forgot to snap the top level of my design. I hope you understand my question. Do you think I have choosen the righ values for Vref and Vtrip? 8-O
My understanding is Vref = max of full scale analog input and Vtrip = min of full scale analog input. Am I right?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back