Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vehicle Tracking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Vehicle Tracking System No getting Correct Latitude and Longitude Values

I am making a vehicle tracking system. I am not getting correct latitude and longitude data I think. How to get latitude and longitude data in degee and minutes format ?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

I will send the gps data namely latitude and longitude data to google maps to show the location of the vehicle. It is a three in one device that is

Vehicle Tracking System
Vehicle Anti-Theft System and
Accident Notifier.

It will use Crash Sensor and GSM also. it will have a microSD card in which the mobile numbers, vehicle number, and other details will be saved. On accident the device will send accident location, vehicle and driver details to all mobile numbers stored in microSD Card as SMS and also send the data to a server using GPRS.

The server side software will send the gps data to google maps. I want to know can I use nmea data (latitude and longitude) to send to the google maps or should I convert the data format after extracting different fields ?

Attachments

• VTS Working.png
    VTS Working.png
    381 KB · Views: 75

The server side software will send the gps data to google maps. I want to know can I use nmea data (latitude and longitude) to send to the google maps or should I convert the data format after extracting different fields ?
How can we know that if you even didn't mention what API or URL will be used for that ?

Reactions: Okada

Okada

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for replying.

This is an example link

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@12.9539974,77.6309395,11z

A server side software will open google maps and sends the latitude and longitude data to it to display the location of vehicle (for tracking and also for accident location).

I want to know if GPS receiver gives data of latitude and longitude in this format.

12.9539974,77.6309395,11z

I am not designing the server side software. A software engineer will design it. I just want to know whether GPS module gives latitude and longitude data after extracting from nmea data in the format which google maps require.

The system will send accident location gps data to the server and server will have a database of all hospital and police station contact numbers. If the driver or any person related to the vehicle if not seriously injured doesn't press a button on the device to discard the accident detection then the device will send data to server. Server will check its database for nearby hospitals and sends request for an ambulance and provides the accident location data to hospital authority.

Last edited:

Ok, at least now we have a link; You are aware of the NMEA standard, and it does have a lot of sentence patterns. It seems quite clear that by using this URL in particular you should extract the strings of interest. At least for the most I've used, you should make a little change in the number format, because the dot at the sentences do not represents the unity separator of the angle.

Reactions: Okada

Okada

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello,

..you should make a little change in the number format, because the dot at the sentences do not represents the unity separator of the angle

example for longitude, transform Raw GPS value into an usable with google MAP
.. same for latitude

Code:
          UART1_Write_CText(" Lon : ");
            lon= atof(Longitude);
            f1=lon/100.0;
            f1=floor(lon/100.0);
            f2=(lon/100)-f1;
            lon=f1+f2*100/60;
            if(NSid=='S') lon=lon*-1.0;
            fltToa (lon,CRam1,6);
            UART1_Write_Text(CRam1);