Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error in printing parasitics in cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyadzezo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i am running transient analysis plus DC analysis and i want to know parasitics i choose print show parasitics
i get this error
*Error* hdbGetLibName: argument #1 should be a hierarchical database configuration object (type template = "h") - nil
whats the problem >>
thanks

Re: error in printing parasitices in cadence virtuoso

Hi
i am running transient analysis plus DC analysis and i want to know parasitics i choose print show parasitics
i get this error
*Error* hdbGetLibName: argument #1 should be a hierarchical database configuration object (type template = "h") - nil
whats the problem >>
thanks

Parasitics are not known by simulation, they are realated with layout and toology.
These component are extracted from layout by using proper Technology File and tool such as Assura, Calibre etc.

Did you run an extraction on a layout view of your design? You need an extracted view of the layout to show its parasitics by backAnnotation into the schematic view.

ahaa
oky i don't know that i am just doing schematic till now .
Thanks

For that matter, you probably have to pass a clean LVS (w/
parasitics extracted and "refined") to get the mapping from
layout -> extracted -> schematic to assign the parasitics
properly.

What do you mean under "i want to know parasitics"?
Parasitic extraction step (after having design LVS- and DRC-clean) will give you extracted netlist.
Post-layout circuit simulation, using that netlist, will take int account all the parasitics.
You can look into extracted netlist ("extracted view" - using parasitic prober in Virtuoso, or SPF/SPEF file - by inspecting this text file) to see the parasitic elements.
But there will be many of these R and C elements, and you need to use some other techniques if you want to make a sense out of that...

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back