Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog voltage conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paras99

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VCC=12V. 12.png

I am feeding 12V into a voltage divider formed by an 200ohms resistor
and an 1K POT to vary the output of my vltg divider.
I am getting 0(some mV)-10V as per expectation at the vltg divider output.
I have further used an voltage follower ckt.
When i connect my load at vlg follower output the voltage reduces to
2V from 10V.
I want to supply 10V to the load, what should i do?

The voltage follower does almost nothing at the moment as the current through the voltage source is as much as the current the MCP6001 can produce already.

Suggestion: Make the value of the resistor and potentiometer bigger by a factor of at least 10, preferably 100. At the moment, with the potentiometer set to minimum resistance you pass 60mA through them but the MCP6001 can only produce about 20mA outut current.

Tell us what load you are applying to drop the output voltage that much, the chances are you need an op-amp or transistor voltage follower than can provide far more current than the MCP6001 can provide by itself.

Brian.

The voltage follower does almost nothing at the moment as the current through the voltage source is as much as the current the MCP6001 can produce already.

Suggestion: Make the value of the resistor and potentiometer bigger by a factor of at least 10, preferably 100. At the moment, with the potentiometer set to minimum resistance you pass 60mA through them but the MCP6001 can only produce about 20mA outut current.

Tell us what load you are applying to drop the output voltage that much, the chances are you need an op-amp or transistor voltage follower than can provide far more current than the MCP6001 can provide by itself.

Brian.

I am trying to test an temperature controller circuit(load). please suggest me something that will not reduce my output voltage and i could supply full 0-10v to the load.

We need to know how much current passes into the load to be sure but assuming it has a reasonably high input impedance, change the fixed resistor to 820 Ohms and the potentiometer to 5K Ohms. then take the voltage from the wiper of the potentiometer. That will give you 0V to 10.3V by adjusting the potentiometer.

If you need a very accurate 10V as a reference, there are special ICs made for that purpose.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.