Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with sensitivity curve of MQ8 gas sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixkire

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new here. I want to find out how I can generate an equation F(y) that when I am feeding V values then I approximate values in ppm. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or resource that I can use to calculate the equation? Thank you!

sensitivity-curve.png

It's empirical curve that can best implemented as table with linear interpolation. Just pick up a number of sample points from the diagram.

A problem is however the large sensitivity variation over temperature and humidity, your sensitivity calibration is only valid for typical environmental conditions.

It's empirical curve that can best implemented as table with linear interpolation. Just pick up a number of sample points from the diagram.

A problem is however the large sensitivity variation over temperature and humidity, your sensitivity calibration is only valid for typical environmental conditions.

Thank you FvM for your reply. In order to deal with temperature and humidity issues I want to calculate the values on the fly instead of using a look-up table. I will check some tutorials on linear interpolation to see if I can create the equation.

Alternatively, you can use the Fig. 3 resistance curve, which is almost linear in log-lin scale and apprximate it by an y = a*10^x + b relation.

Status
Not open for further replies.