Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

communication between 2 FPGAs through 2 different pcie slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraGreen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I wanted to establish a communication between 2 fpgas connected to the motherboard of a pc on 2 seperate pcie slots.
Can I send some packets from FPGA1 to FPGA2 without getting the cpu involved ?

Can anyone please share where can I fond the information / documents regarding the same.

Thanks...

PCIe base specification, PCI specification for the communication model, OS specific tutorials for PCIe configuration and interfacing.

I presume, the CPU is at least involved in configuring the link.

If you're dealing with Xilinx 7 series, you can use an AXI bus PCI ip core. You can then have an controller in the fpga which has certain to certain inputs. Just wrap the axi wrapper with a fsm.

Hi Wesley,

Thanks, Yes I am using xilinx ultrascale which have axi bus pci ip core.
Can you please help me understand "You can then have an controller in the fpga which has certain to certain inputs." this.
What I understood so far, is that I have to configure 1 pci IP as master in one fpga and 1 pci ip as slave in another fpga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back