Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to select single dots on thermal printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamparthsianthosh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm interfacing a FTP-628 Thermal printer mechanism with a stm32 Microcontoller. There are 6 - Strobe in in it, 384 dots per line.
up to selecting the strobes i was done and printing the dots(selected strobe). here my question is how can i select the single dot in single strobe...?
please help me

I am interfacing SS205 HS thermal printer with stm32 , that printer has for one line 384 dots, 4 strobes.Up to now i written program for total 4 strobes (i.e 384 dots) are printing, DATA_IN pin interfaced with MOSI (spi protocol ) pin of stm32.For strobe5-6 dots 1-128 dots, strobe 4 dots 129-192 like.., Here my question is how can print single dot in each strobes through data_in pin with. for example I want to print 1st dot of strobe5-6 how can i enable that dot,if i make low and high the strobe5-6 signal that time that makes full 1-128 dots high and total dots 1-128 are printing. Please give me the Solution

Go to the following website, fill the registration out to get access to the Technical Manual. I'm sure it will have the information you need to communicate properly with the printer. The chances of anyone on this forum having the information you need is probably close to 0%.

Thank you for the reply.
In APS website also i was registered and have user Id and password. But i tried to login its giving me error like "you are not active member". 3 months back i was registered and don't know when they are going to active my registration.
Is there any solution ...?

Long ago using an Epson 8 pin dot matrix printer, I was able to print dot addressable graphics using their escape codes (ESC). You will need that information for your printer.

The OP is asking about low level protocol of the printer mechanism, not printer command language.

I can only tell that dot data are serially shifted in through DI line with Fujitsu FTP-628, one bit per clock pulse, I guess it's the same for the other device. Respectively you can set any arbitrary dot pattern. Only one dot line is shifted in and printed at a time by activating the respective STB.

Status
Not open for further replies.