Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S21 for metamaterials in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priyanka Garg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to simulate a metamaterial antenna in HFSS. since it is a single element antenna, i don't have any idea on how do i get S21 parameter in order to find the permittivity and permiability. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Excite your metamaterial with a waveport using the same mode it will be exited with in the antenna. This should give a decent approximation.

exciting with waveport did not help to get S21 parameter, since it requires to ports to be excited. but i am working with single element antenna, getting only S11, plz suggest how to get S21 parameter.

Thanks

You want to simulate the metamaterial's cells on their own -- cascade at least 5 cells inside of some host structure which supports the correct mode.

You need to define what you mean by the S21. What is the point of the metamaterial you are designing? Reflecting? Beam steering? If you intend to know the S21 of a signal passing through your element, place a waveport and antenna on one side of the material, and a second waveport with an antenna on the other side. Think about how you would physically measure the metamaterial given a network analyzer and an anechoic chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back