Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS 64 antenna array simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mke28

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
Can anyone help me with HFSS simulation of 64 antenna array .the best feeding method and how to implement it Please can anyone help me toutorail
Capture.PNG
please I need urgent help

- - - Updated - - -

I want an explanation or any tutorial explaining how to implement this ? and what are the fields to excite or the boundaries .Please any help. I would appreciate

Capture2.PNG
Are you asking for help with HFSS, or help designing the antenna array?
In the designing of antenna array in HFSS please i need expalnation to implement. I uploaded the last design i did if its correct or not. My question Also how can I combine them to the coaxial feed. And the spacing between antennas is lambda/2 can it be lambda and it wouldn't affect directivity.
Thanks
Regards

Last edited:

Also how can I combine them to the coaxial feed.

Typically, the coaxial pin would connect to your microstrip lines, and the outer sheath would connect to the conductor backing.

And the spacing between antennas is lambda/2 can it be lambda and it wouldn't affect directivity.

The spacing will affect the directivity. You want it as small as possible, but often lambda/2 is extremely difficult or impossible, especially with a coplanar feed network.

[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 9 does not have a solved inside material on either side..
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine.
while simulations I got this error ?
can u give me the best feeding methods of a 64 antennas and how to feed them?
provide me a picture or any tutorial please if u can ?

Thanks
REgards

An array is sensitive to element spacing. At a full wavelength you are likely to cause the pattern to degrade. There are numerous references in the technical literature to these effects. You might start with Krause or R. C. Hansen. There is a now "old" reference, Microwave Engineers Handbook, that has several useful tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back