Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor controller current load sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordiesworld

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody.
Hoping somebody can help me. I'm not sure if this is the right part of these forums for this question, but seemed correct as it's a project I'm working on.
I am trying to source a brushless electric motor of about 75mm diameter and 90mm long and associated controller. It will be driving a small hydraulic pump pressurising an oil accumulator to 80 bar, switching on at 40 and off at 80, as demand requires. I need the motor to maintain a constant speed when activated and always run in the same direction. I need to be able to set this speed which will then be left at the optimum speed. during times of high demand the motor may run continuously. The motor will need to be 400 watts capable. Id also like the controller to current load sense and step up the voltage from the Base supply of 12v to 24v when in high load situation in order to reduce high amperage loads through the wiring.. If this is possible. .. Id like the switching on to be just a 12v output supply from the hydraulics own control module.
I need help finding a suitable motor and a suitable controller.

Any help is very much appreciated and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

George

Try google for "brushless motor 400 watt controller" or some such variant.
That should point you to plenty of resources

Hi,

brushless electric motor of about 75mm diameter and 90mm long
This tells nothing. (It sounds as if you already have this motor)
Give electrical specifications: Voltage, current, number of phases, async, sync...

If you need to select a motor you should know RPM and torque.

Do you have the hydraulic pump already?

Why do you have such a wide supply voltage range: 12V ... 24V?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back