Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Mode Control of SCR Based Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradhan.rachit

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Experts,

I am working on a Fully Controlled Rectifier followed by an LC Filter for a battery charger application. The firing angle controller will be using an MCU and not any discrete analog circuits. The requirement is to operate the charger in two modes for lead acid battery charging.

Float mode - Used when the battery's SOC is higher than the setpoint. I'm using standard formulae to calculate the firing angle and apply the resultant voltage to maintain the charge of battery in this case.

Constant current mode - In this mode, the control variable will become current instead of voltage. I couldn't find any standard formulae to determine the firing angle for current control.

Could someone please highlight the options to implement current mode control in such a topology? I was thinking of using a P-I Controller for the same.

Awaiting your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back