Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

axi4-stream inetrface

Status
Not open for further replies.

viyaaloth

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am planning to use AXI4-Stream interface as a standard interface for inter IP communication(between two IPs) with in FPGA. one IP is ADC IP which forwards samples from ADC IC to DAQ IP. second IP is DAQ IP(data acquisition IP) which gathers all samples from ADC IP. Transaction is initiated by DAQ IP.So DAQ IP must be master in my design. And it is accepting data from slave ADC IP.
But I am having a doubt that whether AXi-Stream master will capable of reading data(from slave ADC IP).

If we are considering the axi-stream master example template from xilinx,master will send(write data to slave) data not reading/receiving data.

Capture.PNG.

Any suggestion/reply would be appreciated .

Similar/related post as................
https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=366291
https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=366672

But I am having a doubt that whether AXi-Stream master will capable of reading data(from slave ADC IP).
Why?

You post makes little sense as you have not posted a real problem! Are you making assumptions, if yes, why?
Have you tried simulating your design to see if AXI-S data is being transferred or not?

The ADC IP can always wait for the tready to be HIGH from the data acquisition IP and then it can stream its accumulated data.

Last edited:

Axi stream is point to point, single direction. If you need response data then you'll need another connection in the other direction.
But why would you use axi streaming for this? AXI3, AXI4 or AXI4L offer bi-directional links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back