Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

set_disable_timing constraint using wildcards not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyLS

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm trying to use wildcards to disable timing arcs between the functional address pins, ADDR*, of a memory and the test clock of the memory, TCLK.

Multiple address pins using a wildcard does not work: set_disable_timing memory_instance -from TCLK -to ADR*

Single address pin does work: set_disable_timing memory_instance -from TCLK -to ADR1

Any ideas on how I can constrain all ADR pins without writing a constraint for each bit?

Thanks for your help.

This is likely a tool restriction, not an SDC feature/lack of feature. Which tool are you using?

I'm using dc_compiler. I'm sure there is a way in TCL to obtain a list of pins of the memory cell, filter the applicable ones and apply them to the set_disable_timing command. I'm not that proficient in TCL programming, but have been researching. Was hoping someone has already tackled this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back