Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Electric diagram for supply dec humax 5600s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, help me repair the power supply humax 5600s decoder. Electrical diagram necessary.

MODERATOR ACTION: External image link removed and attached with the post

Attachments

• flPGtt.jpg
    flPGtt.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Golfo,
Please refer to your modified photo below:

There is a good chance that the MOV (Metal-Oxide Varistor) is the cause of the PSU's failure. Unsolder the device and remove
the white heat-shrink and inspect its casing for damage.
These devices were notoriously unreliable in the first Micro$oft X-Box console power supplies.
You need to check the bridge rectifier and chopper transistor/MOSFET as shown in the photo for any shorts.
If you do find that the MOV has a cracked casing, the replacement MUST be fitted with heat-shrink tubing, otherwise
you risk a fire hazard in the future if it fails again.
The fuse MUST also be replaced with the correct current rating and a ensure its a time delay type.
I hope the above helps.
Regards,
Relayer

Reactions: Golfo

Golfo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your help Relayer. The problem is that I don't know the correct rating and delay time of the fuse. The decoder has been hit by a power swing and the service center after removing the components has preferred not repairing it. Also to the right of the big condenser it seems something has been removed. That's why i wondering if anyone had the electrical diagram. Do you think only the fuse is missing?

- - - Updated - - -

The fuse is of the type T3 15A 250V, stamped on the pcb. I can try. Do you think it's worth changing the capacitors/condensers too?

Hello Golfo,
Thank you for your help Relayer.
You're welcome :)

The problem is that I don't know the correct rating and delay time of the fuse.
The fuse rating is: 3.15A with time delay. You quoted the correct numbers at the bottom of your
last post.
The fuse will be a cylindrical micro 8mm high by 8mm diameter and in most cases colored black.

Also to the right of the big condenser it seems something has been removed.
I agree. I should have noticed it myself. :bang: It will be an 8 pin PWM Controller Integrated Circuit.
The IC could be an UCC38084 PWM Controller or a variant of it. Please don't quote me on that,
as there are a multitude of different types have made over the years and most are not interchangeable.

The fuse is of the type T3 15A 250V, stamped on the pcb. I can try. Do you think it's worth changing the capacitors/condensers too?
No. No point obtaining a fuse without replacing the missing IC. I doubt there will be anything wrong with any of the
capacitors, and as said, its not worth buying anything without the schematic.

That's why i wondering if anyone had the electrical diagram.
I have to agree, you will need to find a schematic diagram of the PSU. Otherwise you'll be flying blind.

I would also hazard a guess that when the unit was inspected by the service company, they realized that the IC in question
had more than likely been damaged to a point that it was impossible to identify it via its own printed number on top of
the component. They may have removed it in anticipation of being able to replace it, but never bothered to put it back
when they realized when they could obtain no information for themselves about the unit. Hence, they were also unable
to locate a circuit diagram to identify the IC, hence deciding not to pursue the repair.

There are only two possible options you have:
(1) - Contact Humax in the UK, and ask if they could provide you with a schematic diagram, or even a part number for that
missing IC. You only need to quote the model number of the PSU which is: PW1001 Rev. 1.0 and component location: IC1.
(2) - Purchase a 12 volt 2.5 Amp power supply and modify it to suit your decoder. Perhaps a plug-pack power supply.
Installing a DC jack into the back of the decoder and using the existing DC output wiring loom to attach it to the rest of the unit.

Sorry that I can't be of any more help to you.
Regards,
Relayer

Golfo

Hello Relayer. I've already tried to send mail to Humax but it does not answer. I will search again on the internet, in the negative case I will follow your advice. Thank you very much. A greeting.

Hello Golfo,

Found photo online showing the 8 feet controller in question. Unable to know the type.
It seems the company don't want you to know the IC type, therefore don't want you to repair it. :drevil:

Many years ago when I worked for a computer monitor repair firm, they were producing VGA splitter units.
They always sandpapered the tops of the video amplifier IC's so no one knew what they were. I guess its
standard practice now.
Unfortunately it seems you still need the schematic diagram. :cry:
Regards,
Relayer

Golfo

Repaired electric supply! finally! Found the type of missing pwm from of other equal decoder. The pwm is samsung origin, BN81-05233A type ICE3BR0665J, to anyone who could serve. Replaced the small capacitor / condenser near the pwm and large capacitor / condenser at the center of the board. Change bridge and install correct fuse. Remaining components are ok. It works perfectly. Thanks to Relayer.

Hello Golfo,
You managed to do what a credited service company could not. Through sheer determination
you managed to fix it... WELL DONE!!! :wink:
I may have given you a little indication on what to do, and I thank you for your thanks, but
you were the one that persevered. :grin:
I hope you will now enjoy the unit even more, especially since you know that you repaired it.
Its a nice feeling.
Regards,
Relayer

Status
Not open for further replies.