Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add Logo , date and sheet no in documentation symbol in CADSTAR V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohithkrishnan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

First of all what is documentation symbol?

As per my understanding its a format for schematics sheet.

Now for a documentation sheet how to add Logo, date and sheet no. in CADSTAR V8 and how can I make rectangle with my dimension.

Shape properties shows the following " shape ppty.pngattachment"

Thanks

It is a symbol for documentation features, title block, drawing border etc.
Ass to the rest read the help and manual and practice, drawing a square in a CAD package should be a very basic task you master.

A documentation symbol is a symbol that can be used for documentation purposes, this means it can be used on both schematic and PCB designs.
When making sheet borders etc. it is always best to make it as a documentation symbol as you can then add it to other drawings instead of redrawing it every time.

To make the rectangle with your chosen dimensions simply set the units and grid to match and draw the shape using the add rectangle tool, then change the grid back down to something smaller, select and move your shape into a more appropriate place. Do similar for all the little text boxes etc.

For the sheet name, number and number of sheets - add text that uses the "Design Field" for what you want.
Note, it may say "untitled" for the name until the sheet is named.
Sheet number should look like "Sheet <@SHEET_NUMBER@> of <@NUM_OF_SHEETS@>"

For the logo this can be easy or hard depending upon the logo itself, you cannot import a jpeg etc. only a dxf is successful for logo's and then you will have to rework/draw over the top of it most times.
Remember to also add the logo as a documentation symbol.

Practice, read the manual, experiment, if you see a button click on it, try an option.
you wont break CADSTAR.

https://cadstar.blogspot.co.uk/

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I missed finishing that post, if you look at the link you will find a tutorial on making a document symbol set.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks that was helpful. But when i load the dxf the cad star is completely laging.

Regards

Then it may suggest that your DXf is not optimised for importing.

Remove all sheet borders, anything not associated with the logo.
For the logo itself, if you have any filled areas (shapes) then these will often be represented by hundreds of thin lines when imported.
This causes a lot of delays.
To manage this, in your mech CAD package change the shape to an unfilled shape, you can fill it when in CADSTAR.
You may have to redraw your logo using the imported one as a reference so that its optimised best for CADSTAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back