Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Positive and Negative outputs in active inductor VCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MineralWater321

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm trying to use a VCO with LC active inductor but i noticed that there are two ouputs vo+ & vo-.. do i only use one? or is it even viable? thanks in advance

Hi,

We can not see the output level of those outputs.
We can not see the frequency and other specifications to verify..

So you have to verify the IO voltages on your own.
Read both datasheets about: abs. max. Inout voltage of your clock input., VIL, VIH, VOL, VOH

Klaus

hello, thanks for replying.. but i cant understand why we can't see the output and frequency can you please elaborate?.. i've got a decent oscillation in my simulations or is that not what the actual output is? i'm trying to use it in a PLL as VCO btw

It depends on the DIVIDER, PFD, LO driver circuitry. If they are differential use both, gives advantage for common mode rejection. But if they are single ended, just use one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.