Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transfer file via PC USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirenn

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

Anyone please tell me how could i transfer a text file via usb in PC (take output a file via usb)

The key question is: Transmit a text file via USB to what ?

Yeah you are ryt... But i just only need to get output at pc side only..

Hi,

What's your USB device?

Klaus

Hi,
Idk why people can't concentrate / understand the question ,(for example if i asked about use only usb , they replies like"why don't you use rs 232")
As i asked above, i want to transfer file on usb port of
pc .(i will do myself at receive side)...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone has reference code to transfer a simple text file on pc on windows xp pc,?
Anything like c,/c++c sharp , visual studio.
Or any link so i can understand whole things

idk why you don't think first and then ask a clear question. Actually USB doesn't transfer files at all.

I see two possible scenarios that partly fit the question.
1. You are transmitting a stream of unformatted characters which is received at the PC and stored as file. Most popular USB device class for this purpose would be CDC (communication device class), in the simple variant it emulates a serial connection through a virtual COM port. A terminal program (e.g. Putty) can act as receiver on the PC side, opens the virtual serial device and dumps the received characters to a file. Writing your own application is simple, too.

2. USB device emulates a mass storage device (similar to an USB stick), you can open files on it and copy it to the PC.

The previous question
What's your USB device?
hasn't been answered yet, the answer will decide about suitable ways to "transfer the file".

I'm sorry, now I'm telling you what i want to do...

About 10 bytes data (hex code) in a text file. Which one i want to get on pc usb port(idk how to do it) then send to micro controller via usb cable(V 2.0)

Hi,

Why can't we understand?

Let's make it more visible with a similar question:
I have a vehicle. How long will it take to go to house_xx in London with it?
London is the target .... in your case the file.
The vehicle ... in your case is USB.
But there are many different vehicles. A bicycle, a car, a train, an aeroplane...
With a bicycle you my go to the house directely...with a train or an aeroplane you need an additional transport system to go to the house.
It's similar with USB devices. Some are made for file transfer, some are not ... and need additional effort.
Some are made for special files, like audio, and they are not suitable for a text file.
Some need special software for file transfer .... managing the protocol, like XModem (transfering file name, data, error detection...)

Klaus

Reactions: hirenn

hirenn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.