Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Restart Regulator by microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllunlu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a circuit and regulator is LM2576 and microcontroller is Pic18f67k22. Can anyone tell me that how to restart LM2576 by microcontroller. I dont know how to connect a output pin from microcontroller to LM2576 on/off pin. I connected direct microcontroller output pin to ON/off. LM2576 was off. it couldnt be restart just down.

Can anyone help?

If you are powering the PIC from that regulator there is no way it can start up again under software control. No power means no program can run.

If you want to manually restart it, you should be able to pulse the on/off pin for long enough that the PIC can initialize and hold the power on again.

Brian.

Firstly, Thanks betwixt for your message.

We are powering the PIC from that regulator. If I can not restart this way. How can I restart with software. I use pic18f67k22 and mikroC

Hi,

Use a back-up battery to power the PIC when the regulator supply is unavailable.

I don't think 'unavailable' is the problem. Cllunlu want's to turn the power to the PIC off from the regulator under software control but still be able to turn it back on again under software control. When the regulator is turned off, the PIC no longer has a power source so it can't run any software at all.

There are solutions but some experimentation may be needed. My first thought is to provide an alternative VDD supply to the PIC, one that stays on all the time but put the PIC into sleep mode after shutting the main regulator down. That would reduce current consumption to minimal levels (a few uA) but still allow it to be brought out of sleep by interrupts or timers. Anything else the regulator feeds would be completely shut off, I'm asuming Cllunlu isn't using a 3A regulator for the PIC alone!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.