Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier not working as per expectation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paras99

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.png
The amplifier works as a voltage follower. It takes 3.12V from the voltage divider, so it should give out 3.12V as it is an voltage follower but instead i am getting 1V. Can someone guide me on this..

Circuit is incomplete. How is 10V supply grounded? Also what is Vcc?

V- is connected to ground. VCC is 5V.

Hi,

your +INPUT seems to be floating. This is not allowed. It needs some reference to GND.

Klaus

Spare me for the incomplete circuit. I have checked the voltage at amplifiers input its 3.1V but at output its 1V.

V- is connected to ground. VCC is 5V.
Why don't sketch the complete circuit? Anyway, the circuit should output 3.1 V, the schematic doesn't show a problem. Use a multimeter to check node voltages against ground: Vcc, V+, non-inverting OP input.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K., either the amplifier is defective, pins are wrongly connected or the output is overloaded. Disconnect load to check.

Hi,

Use a multimeter to check node voltages against ground:
If the +INPUT still is floating, then the voltage at this node may be 3.1V as long as a voltmeter is connected, but it may be any other voltage when voltmeter is disconnected.
It simply is not defined.

Klaus

Your V- input must also connect to the battery negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.