Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want formality run and keep boundary optimization turned on in synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyLS

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am synthesizing with boundary optimization set. The RTL to Netlist formality run has 32 failures. All from the same 32 bit bus. During debug I noticed there is an inversion (additional inverter in the netlist) in the cone of logic going into the flop that is failing. All 32 register Q outputs connect to the output of the module. I take it DC performed boundary optimization and pushed an inverter into the cone of logic instead of outside the module.

I removed boundary optimization and re-synthesized. The RTL to Netlist formality run now passes.

compile_ultra switches for failing run:
-spg -no_auto_layer_optimization -scan -no_autoungroup -no_seq_output_inversion -gate_clock

compile_ultra switches for passing run:
-spg -no_auto_layer_optimization -scan -no_autoungroup -no_seq_output_inversion -gate_clock -no_boundary_optimization

So my questions are:
- Shouldn't DC provide information within the SVF guidance file about any boundary optimization it decides to do? If so what should I be looking for in the svf?
- Is there something I am missing to have a successful formality run and keep boundary optimization turned on in synthesis? The area is very much improved with boundary opt on.

Any feedback is appreciated.

This situation can happen in case you are doing formality for block design from a top level synthesis design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back