Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capturing 10G bit without any loss using SFP plus port in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehran1367

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using hpe 560 SFP plus adapter from intel in one side. I have an ultra scale FPGA from kintex family in the other side. I create 8K jumbo Ethernet packets in FPGA. i used winpacp and visual studio in windows. i have packet loss. Is there any idea how to capture this data rate in windows?

If your FPGA is transmitting jumbo packets as quickly as possibly, it is very likely you will have packet loss. I haven't used winpacp but have had pretty good results with Wireshark for capture and analysis.
I admit to not trying to run at 10G, only 1G, and not such large jumbo packets. I no longer have that PCB (project with another company).

I kind of doubt you'll find a PC that is cable of handling 10G Ethernet jumbo packets regardless of the software running on the machine. 1G yes, but 10G is an order of magnitude more data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back