Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF power Amplifier FET transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey
Anyone know how to measure PAE, Output power, P1dB, IMD3, OIP3, and IIP3 of power Amplifier using ADS?
power Amplifier already designed and I got Noise figure and stability and gain, but the other parameters I could not find?

Thank you

How did you design the power amplifier if you didn't simulate it already to see the PAE,Pout etc? May be you did it using ideal closed-from equations. But anyways, this is how I do find these parameters:

Since, measuring these many parameters means writing loads of equations, I use design guide available in ADS to get these parameters. For example, open

Design Guide>Amplifier>Power Amplifier Examples- By class of operation> Class AB>Spectrum, Gain, TOI, and 5th OI points and PAE vs Power

And replace the example class AB with your designed PA , do couple of changes in the schemeatic as per your specs, (also you need to modify the load/source settings in schemtic as you have already design the complete PA), and then hit F7 and you have it !

If this design guide seems complicate, begin with a more simpler design guide that just measures PAE and Pout. Play around with various design guides until you're comfortable with them and you will quickly learn great many stuff.

And some people also use template from dds (plot) window: Insert> Template

etc.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You should do HB simulations for those variables.Loom at help for more information.
You can also use "Amplifier Design Guide" but you'd better learn HB technique.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back