Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to get output from pulsed laser diode module - 905nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosechandran

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I am working with LS9-40/220-30/100-S10-11 pulsed laser diode module purchased from LaserComponents, Germany. I have made all the required connections but I am not able to sense any output light even when IR card is used. Following is the pin conf:
pin 1 : +12V DC
pin 2 : 0 to +5V, to vary the output pulse width 29ns-123ns
pin 3 : 0 to+5V, to vary the output power 8W-220W
pin 4 : GND
pin 5 : TTL high of +5V

Please do let me know if I am doing anything wrong. Also I am not sure if the module requires a min current input to operate.

The datasheet is specifying a rising edge trigger, not a static level. Guess you need to care to keep trigger maximum repetition frequency.

Maybe try a second detection method just in case the
card you got, is wrong wavelength range, or something?
Photodiode and DMM in DC current mode?

Hi,

pin 3 : 0 to+5V, to vary the output power 8W-220W
take care. This is not a toy. 905nm is invisible, so if you don´t see anything it doesn´t mean it can´t hurt anybody.
Mind that even reflected beam (even invisible) may seriously harm your eyes. immediately.

Depending on focus.. it may cut plastics, wood.... Maybe metals like aluminum.

Klaus

Try using a camera (digital of course) to see the beam. Digital cameras see into the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.