Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to minimize maximum displacement during placement legalization with Innovus 16.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrollin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently started using Cadence Innovus 16.1 tool. I'm trying to use custom scripts to manipulate a fully placed design and read the new cell locations back into the tool. While legalizing the new locations, I need to prioritize achieving low maximum displacement over moving placed instances. I have referred the manual and tried the following options with no luck so far

1. refinePlace
  2. setPlaceMode -place_detail_eco_max_distance 3; refinePlace -eco
  3. ecoPlace -fixPlacedInsts false
  4. placeDesign -incremental

Trials 1 & 3 gave me the same results and have no control over the max displacement. Trial 2 forced the tool to minimize maximum displacement but failed to run (probably because it wasn't enabled to disturb other placed cells in the vicinity. Trial 4 changes the complete placement and increases the maximum displacement multi-fold.

Can anyone help me with reducing the maximum displacement?

this is a battle you cannot win. placement NEEDS displacement to improve.

I suggest you try playing with the fixed/placed attribute of the cells you care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back