Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Length matching tool within a diff pair in Altium Designer 17 does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon_bear

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I have a problem with the Length Matching Tool within a diff pair in Altium Designer 17 Trial.

Th problem is that on some nets the tool does not work. Especially it concerns top layer nets. I have attached two GIFs to clear my question.

It seems to me that it all about pattern style. On some cases the matching tool tries to adjust a net length in serpentine way: up and down. Thus, it comes too close to the second net in a differential pair but established rules does not allow to do this. On other nets the tool draws semisphere and perform matching routine well.

I dont know what is the problem? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• AltiumQuestion_lengthmatching.jpg
    AltiumQuestion_lengthmatching.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 100

Have you marked the nets as differential in the schematic editor? Did you add them to a Differential Net class? Did you name them with the appropriate net name convention (_P and _N) to pair them? Has the design rule been set correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back