Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [moved] Monte carlo running as the ocean script problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In the one technology I'm trying to run MC simulation thru ocean script (because of IC 5 here :( ).
In GUI all running ok, so I've saved ocean script directly from this GUI and try to run this from icfb:

Such way gives for me:
Code:
*error* parseString argument #1 should be either a string or a symbol

One more time - GUI works well, and when I run the saved script from icfb it doesn't work.
The search provides info regardign lvs/drc error with such message, but not abou MC.

Do you have any thoughts how to fix that?

Thanks,
Sergey

Re: Monte carlo running as the ocean script problem

This is a very common error message from SKILL (resp. OCEAN): a function or procedure expecting a string or a symbol argument is missing that, meaning: instead received something different (or nil). E.g. a string, which isn't surrounded by its "string" tags.

Re: Monte carlo running as the ocean script problem

This is a very common error message from SKILL (resp. OCEAN): a function or procedure expecting a string or a symbol argument is missing that, meaning: instead received something different (or nil). E.g. a string, which isn't surrounded by its "string" tags.

Yes, you are right, but thing is that this is not my function or procedure - the error comes from somewhere inside of spectre. Sometimes, I believe, that I saw msg "loading monte.cxt", and right after that this error.
Usually, when I'm saving the script right from ADE window (in which simulation works) and then load this script to icfb without modification, I suspect that it should work proper without any problem, or I am wrong?

Regards,
Sergey

You're right, just go on and try it!

Ok, problem solved.

An issue was in that by default spectre has distribution run mode and that parameter doesn't move to script somewhy.
So, I've added:
Code:
hostMode('local)

And all works fine now.

Thanks for responses.

Ok, thank you, sarge,

... for your successful feedBack!

Marking your thread as "Solved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com