Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware pcba evaluate tool, technical HDMI, USB, RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisepic

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hardware pcb evaluate tool, technic HDMI,USB,RAM

I'm going to do a project to build hardware design for set top box using core arm chip. The peripheral including connecting to Memory, USB, SD card, HDMI.
Schematic is not difficult build due to available reference by chip vendor, but I don't know how to evaluate, bug when PCBA comes. Do you know?

Thanks

Re: Hardware pcb evaluate tool, technic HDMI,USB,RAM

First of all you have to be fully aware of manufacturers layout recomandations for these chip. For SDcard I believe that you'll not worry much about, although its clock is specifiead to reach up to 25MHz. However, for USB and particularly for HDMI ( assuming you made routing following specifications ) I'll not doubt that at least one of these ICs has pins output for eye pattern, so that you could compare if it is under specified tolerance.

Re: Hardware pcb evaluate tool, technic HDMI,USB,RAM

I'm going to do a project to build hardware design for set top box using core arm chip. The peripheral including connecting to Memory, USB, SD card, HDMI.
Schematic is not difficult build due to available reference by chip vendor, but I don't know how to evaluate, bug when PCBA comes. Do you know?

Thanks
hope you are not worrying about the PCB layout ,but the testing of assembled boards. You may face multiple issues while board bring up right from the power supply. following links gives some basic idea about board bring up.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back