Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to send data to GPRS module configured as server

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdharan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am using SIM100S GSM/GPRS module. This module has got an option to configure it as a server. Also There is a command to assign a port number to accept incoming connection when configured as a server.
When I configure it as a server and when i request for the IP address, It gives me an IP address which is allocated to it by the service provider.

Now I want to open a socket to this IP on the assigned port number from another remote machine on the internet. When I try to open a socket , Iam getting an error as "Network is unreachable".

What should i do to connect to the device and send data?. Can any one give me a suggestion to do the same.

Regards
vdharan

Hi, Have you been able to solve this. I am also planning to build a similar network and need help in initiating.

Reactions: annab

annab

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi everyone,
I am a computer engineer student and my senior project is designing an embedded web server portable device using CS8900A.
and i am collecting infromation for this ..
any help
i am appreciating ur contact..

thank u

Most GPRS service providers give a private IP to GPRS connections. It is not a realworld IP so while it can be used easily as a web client, it would not be possible to use as a web server.

What I feel is we need a static IP for this type of application.

Does any one has any update or is succeessful in making a embedded server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back