Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling CST from Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwriRostock

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to control/automate CST MWS from python. I have seen the code for MATLAB where the control is done by writing a VBA script from MATLAB or directly using the COM commands.
But i would like to wish to use python to control CST using COM commands. As i see COM commands of CST are not openly available, the material i obtained was only for the MATLAB. Is there a way to convert MATLAB COM commands to Python COM commands for CST. I was able to open the CST file as mentioned in this thread
https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=354295.
Code:
import win32com.client
cst = win32com.client.Dispatch("CSTStudio.Application")
#Opens a new CST file
#we can open a particular file from this line
mws=cst.OpenFile("D:\Gowrishankar\MatlabControlsCST\CSTfiles\CylindricalCavity.cst")
However i failed to progress further. Like setting a parameter, geometric modelling, changing the units, adding the contents to History and so on.
Can someone guide me the approach i should take or some materials which will be useful to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back