Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] encoder type and datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atarek

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and i hope someone can help me with it,
I am designing a system that has a constraint of mechanical enclosure (very small) so i have to use very small parts, and i was looking for tiny motor encoder, but i didn't get much lucky,
I need to know what type or which model of encoder is the one shown in the picture below, and where can i find similar models of such encoders,

enc1101.jpg

And of course if you recommend a certain manufacturer for such small encoders, that will be great,

Thanks in advance,
Ahmed Tarek

I'm not sure exactly what that is but it doesn't look like a motor encoder to me. Possibly an EMC supressor or a small ferrite transformer.

Brian.

Thank you betwixt for the fast response, i think i figured out what it is ,
it is an optical encoder, (based on the optical proximity sensor theory), which comprises a transmitter, a receiver, and a body in from of the sensor with the shape of the disk ( it is responsible for reflecting the transmitter's light to the receiver unless the area where the disk body is dark,

Atarek

Status
Not open for further replies.