Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extract S-parameter from SMA connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oskarbjo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I am developing a proof-of-concept design where I will need to mount SMA connectors to coax cables. I want to be able to simulate the setup properly and would like to have an S-parameter model of the connectors that I have mounted myself.

I did some measurements and concluded that it wouldn't really be much of a problem to just represent the connectors with a short section of coax, but I am doing this as a part of a master thesis and I think it would be nice to be able to include some stuff like this.

I am familiar with the concept of de-embedding S-parameters, but in my case, the setup looks different. De-embedding usually looks something like **broken link removed**, but my DUT:s will instead be on the left and the right (mirrored), and the middle component will be known.

So, my idea is that I mount two connectors to a coax cable of known length. I will essentially have a back-to-back symmetric setup. Would it be possible to extract the connector S-parameters like this? Are there any other methods for measuring connectors? Would really appreciate any help!

Oskar

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back