Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[KiCAD] Air wire still exists after routing track

Status
Not open for further replies.

narainbhosle

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have done simple board which IC and terminal connector, connection is one-to-one.
I have manually routed all IC pins to connector, but for 2 pins air wire is not going after routing.
There is no DRC error, what may the issue?

Attaching schematic and layout for your reference.

1.PNG

2.PNG

It shouldn't do that but the resulting PCB should be OK. First highlight the net from both ends to make sure there is no discontinuity along the path and if it all 'lights up' I would submit a bug report to the Kicad group.

Brian.

Other software does this too.
If the track does not actually terminate at the origin of the pad, but partially within it - the DRC check considers that there is adequate connection so no DRC is shown however the airwire is still shown.

Try rerouting both the ends of the tracks so they are fully routed into the pad.
i.e. rip it up and do it again, that would have taken less time than coming here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back