Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Phase Transformer Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manojcheers

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sir,

Im trying to wind a single phase transformer with UI- Lamination .Instead going with shell type transformer i used UI - core type lamination for my work , where the windings are divided into 2 halfs and winded in both the legs of the coil .While taking the Lead wires i do Parallel the coils for both the primary and secoundry . When i Solved with the FEMM for my reference i can notice the flux linkage is not in the closed path refer the attachement .

As the coils are parallel to each other in my circuit properties i given the current is parallel -Am i right ?

As im dividing the coil will be there any phase difference ?

Kindly suggest me

Best regards
Manoj

UI Lamination core are not shell type it is equivalent to toroide core . How you wind in the toroide same way you wind on the UI core (rectangular toroide). The winding direction should be same for each primary or secondary for each section of UI core

Attachment?

By the way, it sounds like you are describing a single phase rather than 2 phase transformer.

Dear sir,

Its a single phase transformer Wound on a UI lamination That is the Single coil consisting of primary and secoundry is splitted or divided into two seperate coils and wound on 2 - legs of the UI Laminaton .

When i simulate like a three phase transformer whoes sum of the current is zero (Phase difference ) the flux linkage is in closed Path .But, the two coils consisting of 2 primary and 2 secoundry are connected parallely .

What will be its phase difference ??

Best regards
Manoj

Parallel or series connection doesn't matter much. But the windings should be connected so that both winding halves are causing same core flux polarity.

the two coils consisting of 2 primary and 2 secoundry are connected parallely .

1) You cant simulate like three phase
2) 2 Primary and two secondary are connected parallel means single primary and single secondary effectively
3) Primary to secondary phase difference should be 0 deg or 180 deg based on the winding direction
4) 0 deg if same direction and 180 deg if opposite direction
Not : You cant simulate UI transformer in FEMM 2D , You need 3D tool for simulation

Dear sir ,

should my sum of the current to be Zero as per KVL ??

Best regards
Manoj

Dear sir,

Is there any phase difference between the coils ?

Regards
Manoj

No Phase difference if the winding are in phase, in other words the direction of winding will decide the phase difference (0 or 180)

Status
Not open for further replies.