Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What "Altium PCB Translator " does not avilable in my Orcad software option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

messeah

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What "Altium PCB Translator " does not avilable in my Orcad software option?

i want do migration between altium and orcad but i cant find Altium PCB Translator option in software menu?
can anyone help me?

Re: What "Altium PCB Translator " does not avilable in my Orcad software option?

Do you mean to import an OrCAD (allegro) design into Altium PcbDoc?
First, you must open a new/empty PcbDoc: file->New -> PCB

Then you have (2) options. If the Orcad/Allegro board was saved/exported as .IDF file, you can do File -> Import -> IDF Board
-or- you can do File-> Import Wizard -> Next and it should show a list of file importers that are installed. The are available some for OrCad MAX (only the last/latest version) and Allegro PCB (.brd) and Allegro (.alg).
There is a link in the lower left corner of this dialog box that says "Get More Importers..." so if you do not see these in the list of selections you can click on that and it will bring you to the software extensions area.

Now, if this is not visible to select in Import Wizard, you must first enable it:
Go to DXP-> Extensions and Updates -> Installed. In upper right corner click on "Configure".
Scroll downard and you should see "Importers\Exporters " section - click/check on all the ones that you wish to use/enable. Afterwards it will probably tell you it must install and restart.

Re: What "Altium PCB Translator " does not avilable in my Orcad software option?

You need a newer Allegro version to be able to import Altium PCB into it
Try Allegro 17.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back