Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I build a tablet with something like allwinner processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaeee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I like to build a tablet using something like allwinner processors! I saw in their website A-64 model can support Android 5.1. So, what's that mean? it means I only should interface the processor with the peripherals that I want(LCD, USB host, Wi-Fi IC, Bluethooth IC, etc) and then looking for my peripherals driver for Android 5.1?

Should I modify the Kernel myself to enable peripherals to working? or I must use the compiled android that the company released and setup drivers upon?

Sorry if my questions are simple, vague or anything. But I LIKE TO LEARN HOW THEY BUILD A TABLET(OR SMARTPHONE, OR SBC COMPUTERS LIKE RASPBERRY).

Ah, the optimism of youth.

Like when I went and bought a microprocessor and support
chips and perfboard and wire wrap tool thinking I would
build myself a computer, in my dorm room. With no test
gear and no plan regarding how I'd even get boot code
into a PROM, or what machine code that might be.

Back in 1979. Still hasn't happened.

Manageable goals.

Ah, the optimism of youth.

Like when I went and bought a microprocessor and support
chips and perfboard and wire wrap tool thinking I would
build myself a computer, in my dorm room. With no test
gear and no plan regarding how I'd even get boot code
into a PROM, or what machine code that might be.

Back in 1979. Still hasn't happened.

Manageable goals.

Thank you dick,
but I dont say i want to build everything from scratch! I only say isn't it possible to build something by seeing open source boards like this: https://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/images/d/d8/NanoPi-M1-1603-Schematic.pdf , and only trying to modify it. adding some other peripherals (wi-f-, bluethooth) or changing the processor (allwinnerH3 by allwinner A64) ?

If not, how many people should work to build something like that board? and how many needs to modify it as I said with which skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back